utsjudo.com.au – Terms and Conditions (Last updated 22 December 2021)
- I understand that UTS Judo Club does not require members to sign a contract for an extended period of time, and members may cancel at any time by notifying the Club President.
- I understand that my first class is FREE with no obligation, and that after that my first month will be prorated.
- I understand that UTS Judo Club is a not-for-profit entity and relies on the prompt club dues payments of members to stay open. An invoice will be sent by email when your training fees, fall due. I agree to pay my club dues as soon as possible, either by credit card (via the hyperlink on the invoice), or direct bank deposit to UTS Judo. If I am unable to make a payment, I will notify the Club President or my trainer and make an arrangement. Club dues are not tax-deductible.
- I understand that any stock judogi, belt, or promotion fee is payable upon delivery. Any special order items are payable before the order is placed.
- I confirm that I have read and understand the payment policy.
- Never leave the mat or the dojo without receiving permission from the instructor.
- No food, drink, or chewing of gum is allowed on the mat.
- No non-judo activity is to take place during class time. Show your instructor respect by paying attention. Save the conversation for after class.
- Report all injuries to the instructor immediately. When arriving at class with an injury, the instructor must be notified prior to the start of class.
- Shoes are NEVER to be worn on the mat.
- Water bottles are permitted in the designated area at the mat-side. Water bottles are to have water or an electrolyte drink (such as Gatorade) only.
- Never come to class under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Members are to keep their Judogis clean and in good repair.
- Finger and toenails are to be kept clean and trimmed to a reasonable length to prevent injuries to training partners.
- No jewellery may be worn during class unless specifically approved by the instructor.
- Members without uniforms should not have anything in their pockets. Judo involves pulling on the clothing, and whatever you wear could become torn.
- No practicing of judo skills or new techniques is permitted without the permission of the instructor. This includes techniques you learned on the internet, saw during a competition, or on a video.
- Spills are to be cleaned immediately. Rubbish should be placed in the proper container. Spectator chairs should be stacked at the end of class.
- Bullying is not tolerated in or out of the dojo. Members using their Judo skills for bullying will not be allowed to return. I understand that occasionally, photos and videos from club competitions and practices will be used in promotional material for the club. I agree to allow my image or my child’s image to be used for this purpose and that I will not be compensated. I also understand that once a promotional item has been produced, it is not possible to remove my image or my child’s image from the production.
- I understand that the club will never share my contact information for commercial purposes. I may, however, be contacted by the club managers about club announcements and information relevant to club membership.
- In joining UTS Judo I confirm I have read, understood, and accepted the rules for membership.
DISCLAIMER AND WAIVER OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Recognise and understand that judo training is a physical contact activity and that my participation (although unlikely) might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic loss.
- Recognise and understand that such risk may be due to not only my own actions but also the action, inaction, or negligence of others.
- Recognise that there may be other risks that are not known to me or to others or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- Agree to inspect the facilities, equipment prior to participation. I will immediately inform my instructor if I believe that anything is unsafe or beyond my capability and refuse to participate.
- Assume all of the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any damages that may result from injury, permanent disability or death.
- Enter judo training and/or competition entirely of my own free will and understand the importance of following the rules of training and competition.
- I certify that I am in good physical condition, and have no disease, injury or other condition that would impair my performance or physical and mental well-being during training practice and/or competition. If I have any injuries or illnesses that could affect my ability to participate, I will notify the club managers and coaches, and discuss the appropriateness of judo training with my or my child’s doctor.
- Grant permission in case of injury to have a doctor, nurse, judo instructor, or other emergency medical personnel provides me or my child with medical assistance or treatment for such injury. The cost of any treatment or hospitalisation arising from injury during training or play shall not under any circumstance be paid by UTS Judo Club, its affiliated organisations and governing bodies, their officers, instructors and personnel, other members of the organisations, participants, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring organizations or their agents.
9. Release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue, UTS Judo Club, its affiliated organizations and governing bodies, their officers, instructors, trainers, assistant trainers, and all other personnel, other members of the organisations, participants, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring organisations or their agents, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses and damages which may be sustained and suffered on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
- I agree that in joining the UTS Judo Club that I have read, understood, and accept the disclaimer and liability waiver and join of my own free will.
By clicking “I accept,” by simply using the website, or submitting payment information through this website, you agree to be bound to these Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”), which constitutes a legally binding agreement between UTS Judo Incorporated (ABN 37 535 623 513) trading as UTS Judo (hereinafter, “UTS Judo”) and you (in either case, “You” or “Your”) concerning Your use of the UTS Judo website www.utsjudo.com.au (the “Website”) and the services available through the Website (the “Services”). We encourage you to print this Agreement or copy it to your computer’s hard drive for your reference.
By using the website or services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and are otherwise legally qualified to enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Any individual using the Website or Services on behalf of a company further represents and warrants that they are authorised to act and enter into contracts on behalf of that company. This Agreement is void where prohibited.
Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, UTS Judo grants you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable as stated in this Agreement, non-transferable license to use the Website and Services. The Website, or any portion of the Website, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of UTS Judo. Except as expressly set forth herein, this Agreement grants you no rights in or to the intellectual property of UTS Judo or any other party. The license granted in this section is conditioned on Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your rights under this section will immediately terminate in the event that You breach, actually or potentially in the sole judgment of UTS Judo, any provision of this Agreement.
NO RELIANCE ON THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
Opinions, advice, statements, or other information made available by means of the Website and Services by third parties, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. UTS Judo does not:
(i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any third-party information on the Website; or (ii) adopt, endorse, or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by a third party by means of the Website and Services. Under no circumstances will UTS Judo be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Website or transmitted to or by any third party.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK; RELEASE
You knowingly and freely assume all risks when using the website and services. You, on behalf of yourself, your personal representatives, and your heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify UTS Judo and its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, tutors, agents, affiliates, consultants, representatives, sub-licensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “UTS Judo parties”) from any and all claims, actions, or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, emotional distress, loss of privacy, or other damages or harm, whether to you or to third parties, that may result from your use of the website and services.
USER INFORMATION; PASSWORD PROTECTION
You may also be asked to provide a user name and password in connection with Your use of certain of the Services. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password. You may not use the account, user name, or password of any other member at any time. You agree to notify UTS Judo immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account, user name, or password. UTS Judo shall not be liable for any loss that You incur as a result of someone else using Your password, either with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by UTS Judo, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else’s use of Your account or password.
CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL FROM UTS JUDO
By registering with the Website, you hereby consent to receive periodic email communications regarding the Services, new product offers, promotions, and other matters.
UTS JUDO TUTORING FEES
Reserved Rights for UTS Judo’s Fees
You acknowledge and agree that UTS Judo reserves the right to charge for access to the Website and use of the Services.
UTS Judo reserves the right, in UTS Judo’s sole discretion, to change the fees and charges in effect, or to add new fees and charges, by posting such changes on the website or providing notice to you. Refunds are handled on a case-by-case basis and if you are ever not satisfied with our services please call our Club President on 0411 504 677 and we will work with you to resolve your concerns.
UTS Judo’s decision not to exercise any specific right or require performance of any specific obligation under this Agreement, including without limitation the collection of monthly or regular fees from You, shall not affect UTS Judo’s subsequent ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter. Nor shall UTS Judo’s waiver of Your breach constitute UTS Judo’s waiver of any subsequent breach. By opting for membership or paid services, You authorise UTS Judo, and/or its payment processor, to charge these fees to the credit card, debit card, or other payment methods you provide, in addition to applicable taxes and GST.
The Website is linked with the websites of third parties (“Third-Party Websites”), some of whom may have established relationships with UTS Judo and some of whom may not. UTS Judo does not have control over the content and performance of Third-Party Websites. UTS Judo has not reviewed, and cannot review or control, all of the material, including computer software or other goods or services, made available on or through third-party websites. Accordingly, UTS Judo does not represent, warrant, or endorse any third-party website, or the accuracy, currency, content, fitness, lawfulness, or quality of the information, material, goods, or services available through third-party websites. UTS Judo disclaims, and you agree to assume, all responsibility and liability for any damages or other harm, whether to you or to third parties, resulting from your use of third-party websites.
UTS Judo imposes certain restrictions on Your use of the Website and the Services. You represent and warrant that you will not: (a) “stalk” or otherwise harass any person, or contact any person who has requested not to be contacted; (b) provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to UTS Judo or any other member; (c) impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity; (d) while, using the Website and Services, use “ad blocking” software or similar built-in web browser options designed to hide, block or prevent the proper display of online advertising; (e) modify or change the placement and location of any advertisement appearing on the Website; (f) harvest or otherwise collect information about UTS Judo users, including email addresses and phone numbers; (g) use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to harvest or otherwise collect information from the Website for any use, including without limitation use on third-party websites; (h) access content or data not intended for You, or log onto a server or account that You are not authorised to access; (i) attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services, the Website, or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation; (j) interfere or attempt to interfere with the use of the Website or Services by any other user, host or network, including, without limitation by means of submitting a virus, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”; (k) use the Website or Services to send unsolicited e-mail, including without limitation promotions or advertisements for products or services; (l) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any uploading or posting to, or transmission, display, performance or distribution by means of, the Website or Services; or attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by the UTS Judo Parties in providing the Website or Services. Any violation of this section may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
You represent and warrant that, when using the Website and Services, You will obey the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Website and Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property generally. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute any content, information, or other materials in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You shall be solely responsible for any violations of any laws and for any infringements of third-party rights caused by your use of the website and services. You bear the sole burden of proving that content, information, or other materials do not violate any laws or third-party rights.
COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS: COPYRIGHT NOTICE
All content and other materials available through the Website and Services, including without limitation the UTS Judo logo, design, text, graphics, and other files, and the selection, arrangement, and organisation thereof, are either owned by UTS Judo or are the property of UTS Judo’s licensors and suppliers. Except as explicitly provided, neither Your use of the Website and Services nor this Agreement grants You any right, title, or interest in or to any such materials.
DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – NO WARRANTIES
To the maximum extent permitted by Australian and International law, UTS Judo, on behalf of itself and its licensors and suppliers, hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding the website, arising by operation of law or otherwise, including without limitation any and all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, no encumbrance, or title, in addition to any warranties arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. Neither UTS Judo nor its licensors or suppliers warrants that the website or the services will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the website or the services will be uninterrupted or error-free. The liability of UTS Judo for damages arising out of the furnishing of services pursuant to this agreement, including without limitation, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, delays, tortious conduct, errors, or other defects, representations, or arising out of the failure to the furnish services, whether caused by acts of commission or omission, or any other damage occurring, shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. UTS Judo shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages (including without limitation damages for lost profits or lost revenues), whether caused by the acts or omissions of UTS Judo, UTS Judo parties, or UTS Judo users, or their agents or representatives.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE; BACKUP OF DATA
You agree that your use of the website and services is at your sole risk. You will not hold UTS Judo or its licensors and suppliers, as applicable, responsible for any loss or damage that results from your access to or use of the website, including without limitation any loss or damage to any of your computers or data. The information and services may contain bugs, errors, problems, or other limitations.
Importantly, you hereby acknowledge that a catastrophic disk failure or other events could result in the loss of all of the data related to your account. You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to back up your data to your personal computer or external storage device and to ensure such backups are secure.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The liability of UTS Judo and its licensors and suppliers is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. In no event shall UTS Judo or its licensors or suppliers be liable for special, incidental, or consequential damages, lost profits, lost data or confidential or other information, loss of privacy, costs of procurement of substitute goods or services, failure to meet any duty including without limitation of good faith or of reasonable care, negligence, or otherwise, regardless of the foreseeability of those damages or of any advice or notice is given to UTS Judo or its licensors and suppliers arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or services. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action. Additionally, the maximum liability of UTS Judo and its licensors and suppliers to you under all circumstances shall be $50.00. You agree that this limitation of liability represents a reasonable allocation of risk and is a fundamental element of the basis of the bargain between UTS Judo and you. The website and services would not be provided without such limitations.
The above disclaimers, waivers, and limitations do not in any way limit any other disclaimer of warranties or any other limitation of liability in any other agreement between you and UTS Judo or between you and any of UTS Judo’s licensors and suppliers. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain implied warranties or the limitation of certain damages, so some of the above disclaimers, waivers, and limitations of liability may not apply to you. Unless limited or modified by applicable law, the foregoing disclaimers, waivers, and limitations shall apply to the maximum extent permitted, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose. UTS Judo’s licensors and suppliers are intended third-party beneficiaries of these disclaimers, waivers, and limitations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through the website or otherwise shall alter any of the disclaimers or limitations stated in this section.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that Your use of the Website and Services will be in accordance with this Agreement and any other UTS Judo policies, and with any applicable laws or regulations.
INDEMNITY BY YOU
Without limiting any indemnification provision of this Agreement, You (the “Indemnitor”) agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless UTS Judo and all UTS Judo Parties (collectively, the “Indemnities”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action, and other proceedings (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, arising out of or relating to: (i) the relationship between You and UTS Judo , whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory; (ii) Your breach of this Agreement, including without limitation any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; (iii) Your access to or use of the Website or Services; (iv) Your provision to UTS Judo or any of the Indemnities of information or other data; or (v) Your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, international, federal, state, or local law or regulation; or (vi) Your violation or alleged violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. The Indemnities each have the individual right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defence by You of any Claim as to which You are required to defend, indemnify, or hold harmless any, each, and/or all Indemnities. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.
TERMINATION BY UTS JUDO
Without limiting any other provision of this agreement, UTS Judo reserves the right to, in UTS Judo’s sole discretion and without notice or liability, deny use of the website and/or services to any person for any reason or for no reason at all, including without limitation for any breach or suspected breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in this agreement, or of any applicable law or regulation.
AUTOMATIC TERMINATION UPON BREACH BY YOU
This Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event that You breach any of this Agreement’s representations, warranties, or covenants. Such termination shall be automatic, and shall not require any action by UTS Judo.
You may terminate this Agreement and Your rights hereunder at any time, for any or no reason at all, by providing to UTS Judo notice of Your intention to do so, in the manner required by this Agreement.
EFFECT OF TERMINATION
Any termination of this Agreement automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to You under this Agreement, including all rights to use the Website and Services. Upon termination, UTS Judo may, but has no obligation to, in UTS Judo’s sole discretion, rescind any services and/or delete from UTS Judo’s systems all Your Personal Information and any other files or information that You made available to UTS Judo or that otherwise relate to Your use of the Website or Services. Subsequent to termination, UTS Judo reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent Your unauthorized use of the Website and Services, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP blocking and direct contact with Your Internet Service Provider.
If UTS Judo, in UTS Judo’s discretion, takes legal action against You in connection with any actual or suspected breach of this Agreement, UTS Judo will be entitled to recover from You as part of such legal action, and You agree to pay, UTS Judo’s reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The UTS Judo Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to You or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of this Agreement.